Wealth & Prosperity. What Does the Bible Say About Them? Here are 5 Scriptures to Always Remember
In a world full of love for money and materialistic things, it can be very easy to get caught up in all of that. Money can be used for good, but we should never make it a priority over God. So today I wanted to go over 5 Bible scriptures about wealth and prosperity and what the Bible says about them.
This episode is part of a little ongoing series that I've been doing where I go over different Bible verses on a certain word each week. We've done strength, peace, joy, salvation, and beauty so far, so if you haven't already go and check out those episodes.
First I want to say a quick prayer... Lord, I pray that you lift up every single person reading this right now. Please open up our hearts, our minds, our eyes, and our ears to you LORD. I pray that whatever it is that each person is supposed to receive from this episode, they receive it and they implement it in their daily lives. I love you with every ounce of my being. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Here are 5 Bible verses about wealth and prosperity:
1. "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- So in these verses here we see that we don't need to focus on storing up treasures, having materialistic things, or saving up as much money as we can. What we need to be focusing on is looking toward Jesus and the treasure that we are going to have in heaven. We as Christians know that our true home is in heaven with Jesus and God the Father, so we don't need to focus so much on the things that we can have in this world, but on the prize of eternal life in heaven with Jesus and God the Father and let everyone know about that prize and that true treasure in heaven.
2. "But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today." -Deuteronomy 8:18
- So we have to remember the LORD and focus on Him. He gives us everything that we need to grow through life. Everything that we have is given to us by the LORD and He gives us skills and talents, and He allows us to go to work and do the different things that we need to do to have the things that we have. So we don't need to be so focused on money or how we can get more money, materialistic things, or prosperity as we see it in this world because our true home and true treasure is in heaven. Having an abundance of things means nothing if we don't have God and we aren't building a firm foundation on Jesus.
Oh hey friend, sorry to interrupt this blog post, but I just wanted to remind you guys that "Christ Transforms Me," my 90-day journal is available for purchase on Amazon. To learn more about the journal or to purchase one, go to www.faithfuelsmyfire.com/journal
3. "Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life." -Proverbs 22:4
- So we have to humble ourselves, fear the LORD, and look to the LORD, that is the very most important thing. Having materialistic things, wealth, being rich, and having money is not what is important. We can't take our house, car, and materialistic things with us to our true home in heaven.
4. "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?." -Matthew 16:26
- This verse right here says it all. We have to focus on our relationship with Christ and spreading the gospel. If we gain the whole world but we are not saved by Jesus and we don't know God, then what is the point? What, we are just going to be rich and then go to hell? That does no good for anyone. It is so important for us to focus on our treasure in heaven, focus on looking towards Jesus and being ready for his return, and on spreading the gospel and portraying the fruit of the Spirit to others.
- I'm not saying that you can't work towards having a comfortable life here on earth. I'm just saying that is not the most important thing. The more money and things that we do have in this world, the more we can use those things for good. We can tithe more, donate more, and help others in need more. But we shouldn't be focused on having more money and being wealthy and think that is the goal. So when I say don't focus on materialistic things, I'm not saying that we can't work towards having a comfortable life, but looking towards God is the most important thing.
5. God said to Solomon, “Since this is your heart’s desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."
-2 Chronicles 1:11-12
- So in the verses before this, God came to Solomon and said "whatever you ask for I will give you." Solomon didn't ask for wealth, riches, or honor. He didn't ask for his enemies to die or any of those things. He asked for knowledge and wisdom to govern his people. So God gave him that knowledge and wisdom but also wealth, riches, and honor.
- God wants us to desire to live for Him, to humble ourselves, and to want to help others get close to Him and be saved by Him. He doesn't want us to focus on the riches that we could have in this world. Whenever we do stay focused on doing what God has called us to do, helping others, loving others, having that knowledge and understanding, and just trying to fulfill the purpose that God has for us, He is going to provide us with everything that we need and more. He is always going to be right here with us and give us everything that we need.
- Whenever we are given an abundance of things by God, it's important for us to think about what we could do with those things. What good it could do, how much more we could give to others with the abundance that we have. Not just storing it up for our next generation, but how we can use the things that we have right now to help others that are in need or to help further our purpose and calling on this earth.
I hope this episode helped you to know about wealth and prosperity, that everything that we have is given to us by God, and the most important things are looking towards heaven, looking toward God, humbling ourselves, and not worrying so much about materialistic things or how we can get more money, but whenever we do have the money, whenever God does give us the talents and work hard and determination and He does provide us with an abundance of things, how can we take those things and use them for good and help further our mission, the calling that God has placed on our hearts, and the kingdom of God.
I love you guys so much.
Never forget to choose faith over fear.
-Lorena Camille (Faith Fuels My Fire)
p.s. If you'd rather listen to Faith-based, spiritual growth, mindset, and mental health tips, then check out my podcast. There I will share my personal experiences, stories I've never told before, and bring you along with this hot mess life of mine. New episodes daily.
For more info on the "Christ Transforms Me" journal or to purchase it click here
You can also follow me on Instagram (_lorenacamille_)
For past Bible Studies on the books of Jeremiah, John, Acts, Luke, Galatians, & 1, 2, 3 John join our Facebook Community
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights